LPA is seeking a passionate Mechanical Engineering Designer to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a contributor to our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, preferred but not required
- 0-5 years of experience in mechanical engineering and the design of building HVAC systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit, and good knowledge of energy analysis software is preferred
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curious and open minded to learn and assume increased responsibilities
- Committed to building a long-term professional career
- Designer will assist Engineers, Architects, Project Designers and Project Managers in the execution of building design assignments
- Prepare engineering calculations and documentation for schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Select equipment, systems, and products related to projects
- Review and process construction administration documents
- Receive mentor-ship and training from senior engineers, designers and project leaders
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people’s lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers