LPA offers a full range of engineering services that integrates appropriate, cost effective & high performance structural, mechanical, plumbing, civil, and electrical systems into all LPA projects. Our approach is to provide unified and fully integrated green engineering solutions that are seamless with the project design and inherent constraints.
Our integration of architecture and engineering benefits our clients by allowing for better coordination, increased sustainability, and added value at no additional cost.
- Structural Modeling, Analysis, Design and Documentation
- Existing & New Structures Seismic Performance Evaluation
- Floor Vibration Analysis and Remediation
- Performance-Based Design
- Finite Element Modelling and Nonlinear Analysis
- DSA and OSHPD Structural Compliance
LPA’s team of structural engineers design safe, cost-effective, high-performance structural systems. Our structural engineers use their broad-based technical expertise and creativity to provide sustainable and appropriate structural solutions to meet our client’s programmatic, financial and performance requirements. LPA’s knowledge and experience with leading-edge structural systems allows us to reduce life-cycle building costs. LPA has particular expertise in seismic analysis and rehabilitation and has broad experience meeting the stringent requirements of California Division of the State Architect (DSA) and Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD).
- Mechanical & Plumbing Systems Design and Engineering
- Building Energy Analysis and Lifecycle Cost Analysis
- HVAC System Performance Criteria and Specifications
At LPA, our mechanical engineers apply principles of sustainable design to develop appropriate, cost-effective and high-performance mechanical and plumbing systems. We believe in applying passive design techniques, load reduction strategies, proven technologies and sound engineering to optimize system performance while minimizing capital, energy, and maintenance costs. LPA has extensive experience complying with the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED rating system and ASHRAE design standards. Our work consistently demonstrate building energy efficiency exceeding California Title 24 building energy efficiency standards by at least 15%.
Our goals for mechanical and plumbing systems include:
- Optimizing energy and water conservation
- Providing superior ventilation and indoor air quality
- Proving appropriate and sensible system controls
- Insuring ease of system maintenance and operations
- Allowing for future flexibility and adaptability
- Electrical Power Design and Engineering
- Lighting Design and Lighting Energy Analysis
- Low Voltage, Technology and Telecommunications Systems
- Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems
- On-site Renewable Energy Systems
At LPA, our electrical engineers strive to incorporate high-performance, energy efficient, and cost-effective design solutions into LPA projects, integrating electrical engineering closely with architectural, interior and mechanical engineering designs. We integrate state-of-the-art power and lighting solutions that are functional, adaptable, energy efficient and attractive. LPA’s lighting designers are experienced in meeting and exceeding LEED, California Title 24, and CalGreen interior and exterior lighting performance and energy efficiency standards. Our electrical engineers coordinate with utility providers while designing emergency and stand-by power systems to support life safety systems and mission critical facilities. In working with us, our clients experience the highest quality of sustainable design, including the evaluation, design, and integration of photovoltaic and other on-site renewable energy systems into projects.
LPA’s overall goals for electrical engineering include:
- Incorporating advanced lighting systems and controls
- Optimizing facility energy performance;
- Providing beautiful, functional and efficient interior/exterior lighting designs
- Allowing for flexibility, adaptability and expansion of electrical systems
- Integrating on-site energy systems to meet the project goals
- Site Layout
- ADA Compliance
- Site Utilities
- Water Systems
- Storm Water Quality and Detention/Retention Facilities
- Grading Design
Civil Engineers are an integral part of the LPA design team. LPA’s civil engineering team works closely with architects, landscape architects and all engineering disciplines to develop site designs that support our client’s goals. Our clients receive creative, environmentally sensitive and sustainable site design that support and closely integrate with LPA-designed buildings. Our civil engineers are experienced in providing site designs that meet the American’s with Disability Act (ADA) and the requirements of the California Division of the State Architect (DSA). We also focus on appropriate and cost-effective storm water management strategies to retain, detain and treat site storm water run-off to meet CalGreen, LEED and various state and local water quality regulations.
PE / LEED Fellow