Come join an established firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded. LPA offers a unique collaborative environment with dynamic, passionate, creative, and intelligent people with potential for professional and personal development. As we grow our San Antonio office, we are seeking a Design Coordinator in Architecture to design and document solutions for various project types. The Project Designer /Coordinator will generate, develop and present design solutions for conceptual and schematic designs for specific LPA projects in coordination with the Principals-in-Charge. The Project Designer / Coordinator will coordinate the design effort between architecture, landscape, engineering and interior design disciplines for the project.
As a project progresses in design development, the Project Designer / Coordinator will perform in the role of technical team leader and work on the technical aspects of a project but may begin to handle some project management tasks under the direction of the Project Manager, Project Director and/or Principal-in-Charge.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Each person is expected to help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided for in the work plan.
- Project programming, codes, compliance, conditions and or other relevant research Conceptual & Schematic Design
- Presentation of designs.
- Coordination and production of the technical design during the Design Development and Construction Documents phases.
- Perform other project-related tasks as may be approved or assigned by the Senior Designer, Project Manager, Project Director and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Perform other special tasks as may be assigned.
- Assist Project Manager with client and project coordination and management.
- Ensure compliance of preliminary plans and construction documents with design intent.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for schematic design, design development and/or construction documents as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Develop and compile project specifications.
- Review the work of and coordinate with the various design disciplines for the successful completion of their scope.
- Respond to bid inquiries and prepare addenda where needed.
- Provide assistance in construction administration.
- Conduct or assist in on-site observations as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare observation reports where appropriate.
- Review submittals during the construction process.
- Assist in project close-out efforts including punch lists and agency processing.
- Meet with governmental agencies or officials as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional Degree in Architecture is required.
- CA License in Architecture is preferred.
- Five plus years industry experience required with specific experience in Healthcare projects.
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in the production and coordination of construction documents.
- Experience in dealing with OSHPD, governmental agencies, codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of primary disciplines involved in various project types.
- Proficiency in Revit is required.
Click here to submit your resume
Back to Careers