LPA is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Design Engineer to our Electrical Engineering group. Engineer will be responsible for the design and documentation of IT, data, telecommunications and other low voltage systems for a variety of corporate, educational and institutional projects throughout California. Candidate will be responsible for performing all of the following job duties:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide expert knowledge, management and oversight for telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems design for major projects.
- Assist in developing a business and marketing plan for the low voltage team.
- Develop competitive proposals for scope and fee and attend client interviews/presentations.
- Perform site visits for documentation and cost estimating of existing system and building conditions.
- Coordinate system scope, design layout and drawings with client and other disciplines.
- Perform telecommunications, IT and low voltage systems analysis and develop appropriate system concepts and layouts.
- Layout and design telecommunications systems, as well as voice, data, structured cabling (horizontal and vertical), security, access control, intrusion detection, and other low-voltage systems.
- Document construction drawings with design concept suitable for plan check, bidding and construction.
- Oversee projects from inception through final transition working with senior management, client and subcontractors ensuring the schedules, and resources remain in check
- Mentor and train other staff members.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Review and evaluate shop drawings and product submittals.
- Visit construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed.
- Prepare Design Analysis and Engineering Reports.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- Provide design and production support for other project related tasks such as lighting and power design.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing the aforementioned systems preferably on K-12, higher-education, and Civic projects.
- Possess knowledge of government mandate for Common Core and it’s applicability to the integration of technology into educational environments.
- Solid working knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from an installation and basic design perspective
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Solid process and project management skills are required, including the ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously while driving the project team to help fulfill the overall project objectives
- RCDD strongly desired although candidates that have the ability to meet requirements needed to obtain RCDD within 12 months of employment will also be considered; OSP and NTS a plus
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Member desired
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT, low voltage and telecommunications systems.